Events Policy as of April 2, 2019
In order to offer our members exciting tours and events, our AWG Activity Team has special participation and cancellation arrangements with our guides. The following information is from the AWG Activities Policy, effective January 1, 2019, approved by the AWG Governing Board. (For a complete copy, please see AWG Policies on the AWG Documents and Forms page of the AWG Members tab of the AWG website.)
A. Activities Participation:
1. Unless otherwise specified, all activities and trips are organized for adults only (18 and older).
2. Immediate family (husband and children) of members pay the member price. They must be accompanied by the AWG member of their family.
3. Guests pay an additional fee and may attend up to two activities during an AWG program year. They must be accompanied by an AWG member. Guests who are eligible are encouraged to become members if they wish to attend more than two events per program year.
4. Registrations are on a first come, first served basis. If an event is over-sold, registrants will be placed on a wait-list. AWG will contact the wait-listed members if space becomes available. All registrations and wait list sign-ups must be managed through the Activities software.
5. Registration is not final until AWG receives payment and a completed
Activity registration. You may register and pay on-line at www.awgparis.org .
B. Cancellation Policy:
We understand that life happens and sometimes plans change. Our Activities Volunteers work hard to make sure our Event registrations are accurate on the day of the event, so that those registered are not waiting on a member who is unable to attend. So, if you need to cancel your registration, please email email@example.com and include the name and date of the activity in question. Please do not email the event organizer or the guide. The registrations and the waitlist are managed by AWG Activities Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
1. For Paid Events: If you cancel within 10 days of the event, no refunds will be issued. However, if someone fills your canceled slot from the waitlist, you will receive a refund, so be sure to inform email@example.com as soon as possible. You may also find a replacement and collect payment from them. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and inform us who your replacement will be.
If you cancel your registration 11 days or more before the event, your payment will be refunded.
Example: If your event is on January 21, 5:00pm, then you would need to email email@example.com before 5:00pm on January 11 in order to receive a refund.
2. For FREE events: If this is a FREE event, and you cancel within 48 hours of the event, you will be charged a 10€ fee unless you find a replacement. Please email the Activities Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and inform them who your replacement will be.
3. No refunds will be issued to No-Shows or latecomers. Expenses incurred by you to join up with the group are your responsibility.
4. AWG reserves the right to modify or cancel an activity if there is insufficient number of registrants or for other valid reasons. If AWG cancels an activity, all payments by registrants will be refunded. AWG’s liability to registrants is limited to this amount only.
Note: The Cancellation Policy does not apply to Membership Meetings. It is common courtesy to cancel your Membership